Krizevac Project (including Cycle of Good)- Environmental Management Policy
Krizevac Project acknowledges the connection between the climate and other environmental crises and the threat of current and future homelessness, disease, food and water shortages and poverty for millions of people around the world, as well as the major damage being caused to our natural eco-systems.
It therefore recognises its responsibility to reduce its carbon and environmental footprints and formally commits itself to being an environmentally responsible charity.
Krizevac Project is committed to the following environmental standards:
Monitor and actively seek to reduce the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions associated with its operations
Reduce waste to landfill.
Monitor operations, including procurement, to ensure waste minimisation and high product and process efficiency.
Effective controls of waste in respect of ground, air, and water pollution are adopted. Materials: Reuse, recycling and the use of recycled and recyclable materials are strongly encouraged.
Avoid where practicable reliance on materials that are heavily dependent on finite resources.
Actively avoid undue and unnecessary packaging wherever practicable and use recycled and recyclable materials wherever appropriate.
Ensure that all forest products purchased are as a minimum legal in origin and retain evidence of due diligence
Work to reduce energy consumption and where practicable use energy from renewable resources.
Reduce staff travel wherever practicable and promote sustainable travel solutions
Seek to minimise the impact of operations on fauna, flora and land to ensure the conservation of biodiversity and habitats
Develop a better understanding of its impact on water use and develop management processes where appropriate
To take this forward Krizevac Project commits to the following actions:
1. Krizevac Project mandates the Managing Director to take executive responsibility for taking forward and implementing this commitment. They are also requested to report annually on progress made, including statistical information on Krizevac Project’s annual:
Electricity, gas and water consumption
Litres of transport fuel consumption
Total waste produced
Total waste recycled
Number of items diverted from landfill for repair and re-use
Total paper consumption/% Recycled paper
This annual environmental report will be presented at the same meeting as the annual accounts.
2. Progress on improvement of Krizevac Project ’s environmental performance will be a standard item at trustee and senior management meetings.
3. All staff and volunteers will be actively encouraged to help Krizevac Project in carrying out its aim of being an environmentally responsible organisation, in how they carry out their day-to-day duties. Team meetings will have time dedicated to discussing how all staff and volunteers can participate in shaping strategies for improving our environmental performance.
4. Induction procedures for new staff will include information on the charity’s environmental practices.
5. Krizevac Project will ask all our current and future suppliers for their environmental policies and for evidence of implementation of such policies and indicate that such performance will be used as criteria for supplier selection.
6. Krizevac Project will seek to have relevant environmental clauses included in any future contracts agreed with outside bodies.
7. Krizevac Project will include environmental responsibility training in any relevant future staff training programmes.
8. Krizevac Project will observe existing environmental legislation as a minimum standard and seek to out-perform current legislative requirements where practical.
9. Krizevac Project will promote sustainable transport for their staff, seeking to reduce unnecessary travel and making the transport that is necessary as sustainable as possible and will monitor progress annually.
Review – This environmental policy shall be reviewed annually
Date created- 11th August 2019