THE ELEPHANT BIKE IS A LIMITED EDITION; MADE IN BRITAIN BY TOP QUALITY BIKE EXPERTS, FULLY AND PROFESSIONALLY REFURBISHED FORMER BRITISH POSTAL BIKE. WITH A ROBUST STEEL STEP THROUGH FRAME IN A CHOICE OF TWO SIZES. WITH EASY TO USE 3 SPEED HUB GEARS AND GREAT LOAD CARRYING CAPACITY, THIS IS THE BIKE YOU NEED FOR TOWN SHOPPING AND COMMUTING.
- It’s the original “buy one, give one” bike. You buy one, we give one bike to our social enterprise in Malawi where owning a bike transforms lives.
- Limited edition: there will never be more than 5000 Elephant Bikes, making these individually numbered, fully refurbished postal bikes a real collectors’ piece.
- Helping to build the skills of young people not in education, employment or training.
How we prepare your bike:
Each bike has been stripped down to its bare essentials; it is then shot-blasted and re-coated in your choice of our three “elephant friendly” shades of green.
Your bike is carefully re-built, using quality new parts where necessary.
Finally it is professionally cleaned and ride-tested and m-checked prior to dispatch. We cannot eliminate every sign of its age or previous use, but your bike will be checked to make sure there is no remaining rust or obvious flaws. We’ll also check that parts that are supposed to move, move smoothly and bits that are not supposed to move – don’t!
Our promise to you is simple. If you’re not happy, we’ll fully refund your purchase on receipt of the returned bicycle.
Elephant Bike Specification:
- Frame – durable steel 22 or 18 inch step-through design frame.
- Gears – 3 speed, trigger shifter, low maintenance hub gears. Heavy duty steel cranks.
- Brakes – tested for stopping power in wet and dry conditions
- Saddle – Designed, padded and sprung for comfort.
- Wheels and Tyres – 26″ rear and 24″ front alloy rims with 13 gauge spokes with 1¾” tyres. Bikes are supplied with original tyres, with at least 50% of original tread remaining, no splits, cracks or other damage.
- Load Carrying – 20kg on rear carrier. Additional 20kg if you select the optional front carrier.
- Supplied with one rear red reflector as standard.
- Overall weight approx. 23kg
Which Frame Size?
Choosing the right frame size for you depends on your height, inside leg measurement and your reach. You are welcome to phone us for advice, but as a rough guide:
The smaller frame is recommended for riders with a 27-35 inch inseam (inside-leg), and the larger frame for riders with a 31-40 inch inseam. Riders sized 31-35 inches can adjust either frame to fit.
Postage & Packing
Mainland UK delivery is usually £30 but we are offering free postage on the Mammoth Elephant bike to UK mainland (a few geographical areas will attract a supplement).
Your Elephant Bike will arrive boxed and carefully wrapped, but getting an elephant in a box is never easy! To make it possible, we turn the handlebars in-line with the frame and we remove the pedals (please don’t worry; we will include them in the same box). We’ll give you, free of charge, some handy little bike tools so you can easily fit the pedals and turn the handlebars and attach the front carrier if ordered… then you’re ready to ride.
Your order is complete when we receive payment in full, we will then email your registered account email address to confirm your order and to provide an estimated delivery date. Delivery times can vary between 2-4 weeks. If you require delivery for a certain date please contact us BEFORE placing any order so we can confirm your delivery date. Your Elephant Bike will be carefully wrapped and packaged and delivered to your door by a reputable carrier to UK mainland addresses, please contact us prior to ordering if you require delivery to a postcode where normal delivery exclusions apply. We will provide you with tracking information and you will be required to sign for your delivery. Customer collection from our Longton warehouse is also welcome during standard office hours, please contact us prior to ordering if you wish to collect.
We hope that you are completely happy with your Elephant Bike and that you enjoy many years of happy cycling. However, if you are not, here’s what to do:
Order Arrived Damaged or Incomplete? Please telephone or email us within 30 working days of delivery and we will arrange to send missing parts, cover the cost of repair at your local inde bike shop, or to arrange a collection and refund or replacement at no cost to you.
Changed your mind? We know that these things happen, however, if you have simply decide you no longer wish to have an Elephant Bike you will need to return it to us at the address above within 14 days of delivery to you. You will be responsible for the return shipping costs.