The Future Is In Your Hands ?
Purpose of Role
Fantastic opportunity for a creative web designer to be part of a new digital studio in Staffordshire. We develop websites for brands, start-ups and established businesses looking to take their online presence to the next level.
All of your work is helping to make a positive difference for people who need it most in some of the poorest parts of the world. You will be working with a small but growing UK-based core team and a much larger, offshore team of professionals and apprentices in Malawi meeting both the internal needs of our UK-registered charity and the demands of external clients.
Over the last decade we have in built a purpose-designed, three-storey, solar-powered IT Academy in Malawi, Africa and we are now creating hundreds of digital jobs there to provide a sustainable way out of poverty. All surplus is used to run the children’s centre and schools in Malawi where our UK charity, Krizevac Project, has launched a range of social enterprises, as part of the Beehive Centre for Social Enterprise.
In the UK, under our trading name Cycle of Good, our new digital studio is winning UK and international contracts across a broad client base offering you the chance to work in a wide variety of industry sectors.
Your creative design work will range from building bespoke websites to designing social media campaigns and we are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual who is looking to grow within a fast-paced and creative environment.
- Design WordPress site mock-ups in layered Photoshop files.
- Converting PSD’s to WordPress Themes.
- Updating and fixing WordPress related issues on a number of existing client sites
- Test your work on a wide variety of devices to deliver error free work & websites that win.
- Provide Logo designs
- Create eye catching and informative images for e-shots
- Prepare artwork for online advertising and high-quality imagery for websites and social media
- Produce artwork for exhibitions and print media
- Manage artwork for in-house stationary & packaging material
- Manage photographic library
- Respond to client support needs via the phone and email.
- Help the team with additional technical knowledge
• To be agreed
The ideal candidate
- FULLY competent in Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator & Indesign
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- WordPress capable (Theme editor & relevant PHP knowledge)
- Confident with video skills in one of: Adobe Premiere Pro CC. (Windows) or Final Cut Pro X (Mac).
- Familiar with responsive design, usability and testing.
- Fast – able to move through quality work quickly
- A great communicator.
- Cheerful – we want to change the world and to do it with a smile!
- Google Sketch 3d design
- Working knowledge of JS and PHP
- Understanding of wire-framing and mock-up techniques
- Understanding of CMS.
In first Instance Please send a recent C.V to Mike McGowran via linked in with salary expectations and a sample of your recent work.
Please we would appreciate no agency calls at this point!